Pages

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Another exhibit I'm not seeing...


One of my very favorite fine artists is Z.Z. Wei. He has an annual one-man show here at a local gallery that I always try to make. I have three of his show posters framed on my living room wall (since I don't think I'll ever have the resources to buy an original!!)



His work touches some nostalgic, childhood place of mine. When I was quite small, we frequently visited my grandparents who lived in a stately, white-pillared farmhouse at the end of a tree lined drive in rural Virginia. At the first ZZ Wei show I attended, I swear he had painted my grandmother's house! Many of his paintings strike me like that. I would blanket my walls with them...

Click on the gallery link above to see more of his work.

3 comments:

andrea said...

I like his work, too. As a matter of fact, when I started painting again about 5 years ago, I picked up this Pacific Northwest gallery guide, saw one of his paintings, and just loved it, hoping I could paint as well one day.

Unknown said...

I like his work too- very remininscent of the American painters of the 30's like
John Stewart Curry and Thomas Hart Benton.

Gina said...

Wow, that's an amazing story.