Pages

Thursday, April 05, 2007

One down...

One big ol' deadline down -
another equally large to go...


This is the 'cleaned-up' version of my studio at present (which still pretty much looks like a tornado has blown through). I had to unbury my desk enough to get to the next book.

One thing I am looking forward to - cleaning up! Studio, house and garden! Ah... Sometime in May...


One treat in my week - I received a couple of lovely items that I ordered from Sarah over at Muddy Red Shoes. I've been taken with her painting-a-day venture, and when she advertised having a 'sale' on her daily paintings, I had to jump at the chance to purchase one. It was hard to choose between the many fabulous choices - so I chose a 'standing stones' original and also got a copy of the book she has put together showing 100 of her daily paintings. They are both fabulous (and thanks Sarah for the French chocolate). If you haven't checked out her various blogs, treat yourself to a gander.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely big window...it's really nice to have good natural light! I first heard about the painting-a-day ethos(movement ?)over at Muddy Red Shoes. I always wondered how she managed to do it but I can see the need for the discipline and want to try it for myself. There's a lot of artists out there who do a P-A-D or a variation thereof! It does help build a body of work I suppose. Good luck with the deadlines and Happy Easter

Naturegirl said...

Thank you for a peek at the workspace of a creative artist.Sitting by the window I am sure gives inspiration.
Happy Easter weekend!hugs NG

Daisy Lupin said...

I love to see where people work, that doesn't look too messy to me. I am always amazed how I start off with a vast space of desk and whatever I am doing the workspace decreases and decreases with piles of this and that until I feel squashed into a small square of workspace. Then its time to heave things off the desk. Happy Easter

LDahl said...

Half way there!!!! Yeah for you!!

natural attrill said...

Hello, lovely to see your workspace!
Penny.
x

Soozcat said...

mmm, French chocolate.

I hope the light is starting to show at the end of the tunnel.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the picture of your studio. It's always interesting to see people's work spaces. Neat treats. I love the 'standing stones' painting and the book looks wonderful.

Tom Kidd said...

I came here hoping to hear about your trip and to get a vicarious thrill from your travels. Did it happen yet?

My studio is a much bigger mess than yours. It has an ugly bad office feel to it. Yours is a bit more artful in appearance. I should hire a designer to come in and feng shui mine into a prettier more life-affirming mess.

Thanks for the link to Muddy Red Shoes. I bookmarked the blog as well as the painting-a-day one.

Merisi said...

I hope you had a relaxing day on this Easter Sunday! I love the studio picture with the large window, and your table looks pretty clean compared to mine (I tend to take over the dining room table when my stacks keep threatening to fall of the writing desk, and then I have to clean up in a hurry on weekends like this when diners claim their rightful place *g*).
May your work procede in a steady pace and with great results!

Sarah said...

Hey Tara, you working too, I think it must be a hidden natural law, Illustrators just are not allowed holidays when everyone else has them! Glad the book and picture arrived safely. xx