Pages

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Green things - Italian fields

While the villages, towns and cities were beautiful and fascinating, the countryside was gorgeous on every side.


There were fields and fields of ripening grain - like this one in front of a small abandoned church, kind of in the middle of nowhere.


Wild poppies were blooming everywhere - from lining the train tracks in town to fields and fields of them in the countryside.


Add blue skies and puffy white clouds, and could it have been more idyllic?


Red poppies weren't the only things blooming in the fields - there were also strips, patches and swaths of bright yellow and white - that only became more effusive as our time went on. My brother-in-law informed me that none of these peaked until after we left - when the field would be solid color...


Wild flowers and fairy nieces. Good combination!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are rare summertime pictures of children being children. A marvelous post. I like the whole thing.

Abraham Lincoln
Two robins were fighting in my backyard and I managed to capture them in the act.
Brookville Daily Photo

spleenal said...

These are beautiful. If only the whole world were as beautiful as a painting.
You'd be forgiven for thinking that places like this don't exist anymore.

Gina said...

Those pictures are mind blowing beautiful!

tlawwife said...

Now I'm officially totally jealous. Fields of poppies. It just doesn't get better than that.

natural attrill said...

WOW ! these photographs are beautiful.
P.x

xxxxx said...

All beautiful photographs. I really felt like joining your nieces for a run through the tall grass :-)

lorenzothellama said...

Arne't those poppies just so beautiful? I remember being just outside Assissi in a field of sunflowers, and I took loads of photos, from fairly low down in the field, looking up at the flowers. There were really good pictures and I turned some of them into cards to send to friends.

In fact that visit to Assissi was just before the earthquake. I've not been back there since.

Anonymous said...

There is such a sense of joy in your photos, I really appreciate them.

Tom Scholes said...

:o

I'm jealous.

Bronwyn said...

Your lovely photos remind me of scenes from the recent movie Marie Antoinette, after MA has her first child, then has a peaceful recuperation 'back to nature'.

Gypsy Purple said...

This is absolutely stunning!!!!!