Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Sketching -

Started in on my Moleskine for my weekly please-keep-me-awake drawings in church -
then a couple of hours later I attended my daughter's youth symphony concert (by which time I was even more sleepy)

Since they turn off the lights during the actual playing, I could only sketch between segments (and people were moving around much too much to be good posers) - so I got down a few ideas for a piece I've been wanting to do based on the character of Medusa. Got it worked out enough in my head to proceed to the photo shoot stage this evening. I've got some very dramatic shots of a very lovely (and very good sport of a friend) model.

I even got my desk 75% cleared today, so maybe I can actually get some art work done this week!

Wishin', and hopin', and thinkin', and prayin' and planning and dreamin'.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the non professionals among us, they look great. Elena

Sandi McBride said...

Wish I had this talent...I enjoy your sketchbook...
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Loving these sketches! I love your pics from your retreat as well. It looks like such a fun way to create inspiration and family. Looks just wonderful.

Naturegirl said...

Tara: You sketch inbetween and I write notes! Guess creative minds are always at work!
I'm so pleased that you were able to view your local artist Chihuly's artwork posted on my blog! He is a genius the shapes he creates allowing the light to come through!! When I visit Seattle I will surely enjoy seeing his works!
I've posted another exhibit..very unique also! sending sunshine your way! hugs aNNa