Pages

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Concept Sketches -

We've received our assignment list to choose from for the IMC next month.
There are three that I am interested in at least some preliminary exploration -

The first one is The Lady of the Lake (from the King Arthur mythology cycle)

That could be fun - Celtic knotwork in the border, hand lettering, lots of floaty hair...

The second one that appealed to me was a "far futuristic high-tech 0r steam-punk alt-version of the Wizard of Oz". No high tech for me, but steam punk would be fun. Mechanized flying monkeys anyone?

The last was a children's manuscript, written by the esteemed Jane Yolen of a toothfairy story - where the 'manager' had to make the nightly tooth run. Given all the steampunk outfits I was looking at, I thought it'd be fun to make him that sort of guy as well,

Now to pick one and develop further...


5 comments:

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Tara, I'm so loving the OZ one. That one just jumped out at me. Mechanized flying winged-monkeys, oh my!

Sandi McBride said...

I can picture these famed and hanging on my wall...lovely thought!
Sandi

Ruthie Redden said...

Wonderful selection of subjects!!! yum

Blaze said...

My favorite is the flying monkeys - a lot of potential there! Fun stuff!

I just ordered some glass slippers and mannequin legs for a reference shoot for Oz, myself. . . :)

janeyolen said...

The story of the tooth dairy is (ahem) mine.

JaneY