Pages

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Mayfest - Part III

I got to go today with Catherine Somerlot - lovely, young, photo and graphic artist, relatively new to Seattle, (whom I've become acquainted with via Twitter of all things.)

We had a fabulous time talking about all things medieval - and chatting with the various in-character villagers.

When the festivities of the day came to an end, and the rains once again began to pour, we headed for the Bors Hede and stayed for the May Feast -

(I especially enjoyed the QUALYS ROSTYD with SWETE MUSTARD and the JACK-O-THE-GREEN CAKES - which were cardamon cookies decorated like Green Men.)

'Lovely way to spend an afternoon.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm so glad we met! This foray into medieval times is renewing my spirit and creative spark. Going through all our pics is fun :)

Jennifer Rose said...

looks like a fun time! thanks for posting the pics :D

roz said...

WHAT FUN! Reminds me of when I lived in England and they had similar festivities. I miss it.