Pages

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Sunday Sketching -

Since this is supposedly an art blog, I thought I ought to, I don't know, post some art? Not that I've made much of any in the last three weeks or so...

(And Shannon, I know this doesn't look like you at all. You are hard for me for some reason)

I did manage to sit through church this week, although felt very rusty with the drawing (how does that happen so quickly??) I've *got* to start sketching SOON - there are cover roughs to submit, and workshop sketches to work on. Every day I think that *this* is the day I'll be able to draw... Alas....

I *did*draw some in church though, which feels like a positive stop. Spent the last part of the day drawing mummies for wiggly little 8-year old boys (it did have something to do with the lesson, I promise). It kept us both engaged enough to stick it out. :-)

Maybe I'll be able to do some actual sketching... tomorrow....?

8 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

I'd be over the moon with .000001 the talent you show! My stick men went on strike I'm so bad...
keep on sketching!
Sandi

Lisa Hunt said...

Sketch, sketch, sketch--it's therapy for mind and body! Hope to see more of it in future posts. :)

Jess said...

It's great that you've drawn something. The hardest part is starting again after a break but you'll be fine now you've made that step, especially by the look of this sketch! :)

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

I am sending a little prayer and some positive energy your way!

Shannon said...

Tara, How funny -- even before I looked at the note to me under the sketch I thought: "That's me, That's me!" (is that vain that I get so excited)? :)
The only thing that made me question is the necklace -- I thought but did I wear a necklace Sunday? but then realized I should have so an artist can add :) and maybe it was my undershirt.....:)
anyway, I love it.

I too think you have such a talent. And drawing with wiggly 8 year old boys sounds like a great way to keep engaged.

Ruthie Redden said...

even when feeling rusty tou do the most beautiful sketches! so good to see you are slowly but surely mending x

Richard Jesse Watson said...

Tara we missed seeing you at the SCBWI-WA conference. Heard you were recovering from surgery. Hope this down time gives you some up art. Like your sketches. Thanks for helping me get started blogging.

Curious Art said...

Hey Tara,

Your work is lovely! I checked out your site.

Thanks for your comments on my blog-- it's so touching that you've kept a file on me! I answered the archival question in my comments there in case others wanted to know, but I wanted to thank you personally for your kind words.

I see here that you had surgery-- hope you are mending well & drawing to your heart's content! And hey-- when you mention 8 year old boys here-- you don't by chance have twins, do you? (I do, & one of them goes to school in your neck of the woods, or thereabouts-- Olympia)

Thanks again & all best wishes,
Leah