Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

More Gothic Goodness - Views...

Lovely photographer/designer friend Catherine was interested in seeing more of the architecture of the University of Washington campus - so here you go:

It was lovely seeing the building tops peeking through the trees - looking for all the world like castles...

- with a bit of modern thrown in next to the more vintage...

...every floor has a different style of window...

(I wonder if one can go up into the various towers and 'gazebos' on the roofs. I'll bet the views are great...)

And here is the arts building. Even *it* has towers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never seen UW before.

And the decorative font with the flowers and everything is so fitting for the arts building it makes me grin :)

Eric Braddock said...

Oh how I do love all things that are Gothic and Medieval :) Awesome shots!

Jennifer Rose said...

squirrels on the school of art stone? not sure what they look like

Hayden said...

oh I LOVE these buildings. lets pass a law that every building of more than one story MUST have at least 1 tower. ah, heck... no limits. ALL buildings, regardless of height, must have towers....

Soozcat said...

I have to say, if it were merely a question of choosing a school by its architecture, so far UW would win by a long sight.