Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Sketching

*sigh*

Apparently my ability to stylize is hugely dependent on how long I have to look at the person I'm drawing (which this week, was not long enough), and how close I am to them. My eyes are getting detectably older, and drawing-from-a-distance is demonstrably more difficult.

At least when I am attempting to base the drawing on actual, recognizable characteristics, and not totally make it up...

maybe someday when I grow up....?


[I will post the winner for the book-giveaway tomorrow.]

3 comments:

April said...

I've never been able to stylize much at all. I do empathize with you on the whole vision thing... but I've had to have glasses or earlier, contacts, even before the whole far-sighted problem, so I don't notice it unless I'm having to pay more for progressive lenses... (but, still, bleh...).

Sandi McBride said...

No matter how old your eyes may be getting, your fingers are still youthful enough to make a sketch that is as recognizable as it is lovely...
Sandi

Unknown said...

I like the slouchy girl with glasses-- she has character! I think it's almost better if you can't see so well-- it removes the temptation to get caught up in rendering. IMHO it's better to grab a quick impression and then elaborate using your imagination and memories!