Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Music Monday - Scarborough Fair

I've always loved Simon and Garfunkle's version of Scarborough Fair/Canticle. Recently I ran across this lovely live version with Andy Williams joining:


Want more? Here is a beautifully sung version by Amy Nuttall with some history thrown in:


Another one of my favorite versions of this song is called Rosemary Faire (Song of Lughnasadh) performed by awesome Irish harpist Aine Minogue. I can't find a full version to direct you to online, but you can hear a clip here, or download it on iTunes for 99 cents. And the Celtic Woman version of Scarborough Fair is not bad either.

Happy Musical- Medieval Day to you!

5 comments:

Heather Hedin Singh said...

If you love Scarborough Fair, then I have to recommend Nancy Werlin's book Impossible. She used the song as the basis for an amazing fantasy novel--so good! Thanks for the video links and recommendations!

tlc illustration said...

Oooo- that sounds just up my alley. Just put a hold on it at the library. Thanks for the recommendation Heather!

The Garden Ms. S said...

Beautiful music. You really forget all the great music that has been around for so long. This is simply sublime.

moreidlethoughts said...

Enjoyed the Andy Williams contribution (I have 2 S&G recordings) and am intrigued by Heather's book suggestion.

Will order it at the library and read it once I've finished the nine handmade books!Must.Be.Strong.Willed.

Anonymous said...

I love the Amy Version

-Ross