Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Music Monday - TSCC

In keeping with the TV-music theme, today I will share with you one of my favorite impressively-put-to-music scenes from the start of the second season of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. (This scene bookends the finale of season one - artistic carnage put to Johny Cash's "The Man Comes Around".) The combination of music, vocals and mostly wordless action packs a more poignant punch to the stories they are telling:


Samson and Delilah, sung by Shirley Manson, the Scottish-born lead singer of Garbage, who also played a main character in season 2.

I will also rhapsodize about the wonder that is the composer for this series, Bear McCreary, (who also did the amazing soundtrack for Battlestar Galactica) but that is another post, another day...

3 comments:

Hayden said...

Well done I guess, but I have zero interest in seeing more. I don't really get the attraction, which is why I watch so little TV/movies. My stomach knots, my pulse races, and I know that's normal. It's what is supposed to happen. But it doesn't FEEL good. When I tune in to my body it isn't happy.

aren't I an old fart?

tlchang said...

I understand what you are saying Hayden. And I feel more that way in 'normal' life -but when I work this much, this kind of thing actually feels cathartic to me.

And feel free to ignore the visuals, the song is still fabulous....

Anna said...

I just found your website and so your blog also!
WOW!! I love your art...
I like to make a post about it on my blog, with a link to your blog of course, if thats oké with you?
you can find me here...

http://loverforbooks.blogspot.com/