Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

WIP Wednesday - via Charles de Lint

Tonight I got to listen to Charles de Lint (pretty much my favorite author, shown here with his lovely wife, MaryAnn) speak on writing....

Even though I spend the bulk of my time drawing/painting rather than writing, it was fascinating hearing how similar the dynamics of working through the creative process is...  

Got some books signed. He was inspirational and gracious as ever.

And on the home front, I re-shot and am re-drawing 'Greensleeves'. I'm drawing it relatively large (for me) - at 10x14 inches, all rendered, this is the longest part of the process. Painting seems a snap after all this graphite. Will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Hayden said...

You turned me on to his stuff - maybe a couple of years ago? Love it. Really fun writer.

June said...

This is a great picture, with the line work in progress and the photo reference. Please share the final piece with us when it is ready.