Pages

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

WIP Wednesday - retreat prep...

This weekend is our 9th annual critique group retreat....
I leave in the morning.

(There may even be *mushrooms* this year...)
So, much preparing is happening. I'm sure I'm hugely over-optimistic about how much art I can actually accomplish while there and have thus over-packed, but hope springs eternal. :-)

In other news - tomorrow is also the day that my daughter leaves for college... My husband and her boyfriend are going to take her up. I'm glad I am leaving at the same time. Hopefully the distraction of the retreat will keep me from being a quivering mass of tearful-mom...

I'll be back with retreat updates on Monday. If I'm not still crying...

8 comments:

dinahmow said...

Tara, just remember your own excitement at starting down your grown-up road...and for Pete's sake don't weep into water-based paint!
Have fun.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Stay distracted and keep tissues close at hand....at least her room is clean.

Julia Kelly said...

Oh! It is a change of season for you in a lot of ways! Enjoy the retreat- I can relate- we are starting to look at colleges for my oldest daughter! It all will be good- eventually!!

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

She'll be back, Tara. I know it's hard. Cry away and create.

Christine Mercer-Vernon said...

oh i dread the day shelby leaves. :[ the retreat will be a great distraction, wishing your daughter a great transition to college.

Soozcat said...

It's not easy when a child leaves home, and it's particularly not easy when it's the last child in the family. I'm sorry, Tara. Hoping the retreat will help ameliorate the feelings of loss. And as has been pointed out, she will be back!

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

Tara, have fun!! Try to think of how proud you are of your beautiful daughter. And you do have a son coming home soon. :)

Can't wait to hear about your retreat - always so cool!

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

have a wonderful time tara...create till you heart sings...

XOXOX,
rebecca/cre8tiva
http://cre8tivecompass.com/blog/