Pages

Friday, January 07, 2011

Figure Friday -

 It's amazing what a small vacation from drawing will do....

 It's been 3 weeks since my last life drawing session, and I've drawn very little during that time due to vacation, holidays, etc...

 And my drawing abilities seems to atrophy frighteningly quickly! Boy, it was hard today trying to get figures down with any semblance of proportion or value...

Hopefully I'll pick it up again relatively quickly (or at least within another 3 weeks?) Goes to show that there is no taking time off if you want to keep up the skillz....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well to my eye these look good and maybe it's because I can't do that well! I think you're right about needing to practice every day.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

I'm not seeing any digression here, Tara. Maybe your line looks a tad more tight but it's still delivered with accuracy and skill. Put a star on your forehead and go forward. I think you are way too hard on yourself.

tlchang said...

Thanks Vickie.

Kim - it was maybe more in how much more difficult it was to get stuff out on the paper than previously (you know how sometimes it just flows and you can quickly pour it out there? well, it certainly wasn't that way this time around!)