Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

WIP Wednesday - Oil Painting Workshop

 Last week, I started a 4-week oil-painting portrait workshop -

 - taught by the owner of Arts Umbrella, Liana Bennett (studies shown here).

 She's a beautiful portrait painter, and despite me not being versant in oils at ALL, I wanted the chance to hear how she thinks and approaches the face and figure.

 We got to watch her thought processes as she demonstrated an underpainting....

 (all the pretty colors!)

 I don't know how to use this medium, or these stiff brushes or work on this surface, but, it's interesting to mess around with....

First day critique. Now to see if I can get any painting-practice time in...

1 comment:

Giobel said...

Beautiful detailed oil paintings, my favorite subject in oil painting is koi fish and koi pond