Pages

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Sketchbook Wednesday - Fire Cider

I'd been reading about Fire Cider this summer - which sounded yummy and medicinally efficacious. While I was in Pennsylvania last month, I finally got to try some. SO good. One of the first things I did when we returned was look up some recipes and make my own!


I tried the original version and a pomegranate-hibiscus variety - filling jars and covering them with apple cider vinegar and let them steep for 6 weeks.


 At the end of 6 weeks, the veggies and spices were strained out, and I added enough honey to the herbal-vinegar liquid until it tasted oh, so delicious.

 This delectable, spicy tonic was then bottled and labeled - the extras of which will be disseminated for Christmas presents. 

But what do you *do* with Fire Cider, you may ask?
Oh, so many many things......

Make some of your own!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, I was just going to ask what to do with it, thanks! It looks great. I had never heard of it. May have to make some myself.