Pages

Friday, January 06, 2006

Good news, bad news...

I've been working on class curriculum and final comps pretty much non-stop this week. My first class (of 3 different classes I'm offering this term) started on Thursday. It was a cold, grey, pouring-rain kind of day - which maybe contributed to it's inauspicious start... I had a 50% no-show rate - which made a for a very small class (and those that DID come were late. I was afraid for about 15 minutes that I wouldn't get ANYONE to show up). The class itself went very well however, and this is a good way of getting to work out any kinks. I'm actually pretty happy with the curriculum and think it will be a good experience for all involved.

I got a call from the Community College class coordinator today and the good news is *both* my other classes are going to go (and continue to increase in numbers nearly every hour). The bad news is, *both* classese are going to go.... The numbers had been low up until this weekend, and I was hoping that the night class at least wouldn't get enough enrollment... I'm starting to panic a bit over the heavily looming deadline... I guess there will be little time for much of anything else through February - including sleep...

On the positive side, I got all the comps transfered to watercolor paper this evening. Will clean up the drawings, do some color studies and if I'm lucky, start a bit of painting by tomorrow night... I have 3 weeks to finish this book (which would be record time for me). Thank goodness the kids are back in school, and the husband is not traveling this month.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

michelle said...

It sounds like one of those "careful what you wish for" moments. I've had a few of those lately. Congratulations on your classes filling up.