Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Scottish Fairy Tales...

I know the parcel says Royal Mail, but I think it was really delivered by gypsies. Or maybe transatlantic-flying owls...


I extracted a carefully padded and packaged object...


And look! The most gorgeously handmade and painted clock - worthy of a old-world fairy tale - by the inimitable Rima. She, and her amazing, truly distinctive, moody and evocative artwork, seem out of a fairy tale themselves.


Understandably, I *adore* this stunning piece of workmanship which is now gracing my studio wall where I can see it every time I glance up.

Do visit Rima's gorgeous site Once Upon a Clock for more glimpses into her wonderful world.

17 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Ooh, you are a lucky duck! Her artwork is just wonderful! Congratulations on being one of the first to own a Rima clock!

Unknown said...

So lucky!
It's beautiful!

Unknown said...

Very cool!

Ellen said...

I saw that clock when it was for sale. How lucky you are! I just love her artwork.

david mcmahon said...

Thanks for the visit and the comment.

That is a stunning piece of craftsmanship.

Rima Staines said...

Oh wow, thank you Tara...
I am so relieved it got there safe and sound.
Lovely photos on red velvet in the sunlight :)
I feel like this clock has gone on such a loooong journey...
Happy that you have the first once upon o'clock...
Hope it keeps ticking for centuries!
And if the parcel was delivered by gypsies.. maybe that explains the wait, perhaps they got diverted on the way :)
Enjoy it x

Soozcat said...

It is a thing of beauty. Hope I can see it, and your chickens, the next time I come over to befuddle and annoy you. :)

Anonymous said...

Rima makes such whimsical art, yet with a practicality to it;just like craftsmen of old.(As opposed to churned out in smoky factories!)

d. moll, l.ac. said...

A lovely working artwork, just the thing to keep time while you work on your art.

Anonymous said...

So very cool. I love her work! How happy it must be in your studio. I'll bet it puts a smile on your face and a song in your soul when you look at it.

natural attrill said...

Wow - what a beautiful piece!
P.x

Merisi said...

Beeeeautiful! :-)))

Sandi McBride said...

YES I WANT ONE! I love clocks, even the tacky budda belly ones are worth a look...lovely
Sandi

Sarah said...

hello Tara, what a beauty, I love Remas work. Missed blogging. hopefully will be back in touch again now we are settled. Off to browse your blog now.xx

Gina said...

That is truly incredible! Enchanting.

Hayden said...

wonderful! simply wonder-full!

Naturegirl said...

Stunning enchanting oh so lucky you! A first..you deserve it!This fairytale clock has found a good home!