Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

We interrupt this art blog -

- for a fannish moment. In case somehow you've missed the phenomenon that is Dr. Horrible, I thought I'd better do my fannish duty and post a link and a recommendation. That is, if you are a Joss Whedon fan (creator of things sharply witty, culturally observant, and very un-PC, aka Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Serenity...) Joss's humor just tickles me horribly (ok, pun intended) and makes me unreasonably gleeful. It is possible there is something deeply wrong with me.

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog was created during the Hollywood writer's strike and made on the cheap as an internet 'event'. It is silly, touching, ironic, tuneful and very very funny - gathering momentum as it goes. It originally aired in three chapters, but you can now see it now in it's entirety on hulu or download it from iTunes. It is even better, and somewhat addictive, on repeated viewings.

You have been warned. My job here is done.

Back to teh arts.

5 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh, it's a pity, I discover this blog as it's stops! Fortunately, I have many things to read and look at before your return!Happy holidays! (if you are!)

Jennifer Rose said...

I loved this! I saw it a few weeks ago and had the songs stuck in my head lol :D

Soozcat said...

It is a kick in the pants, although the last act wasn't at all what I expected.

Maddy said...

Ooo, maybe I'll try itunes. Thanks for the tip. Always looking for more jolly.
Cheers

Sandi McBride said...

I know. I'm warped. So say my sons who think that anyone over 40 had their funny bones removed on that big day...I think they were shocked that their MOTHER could have a sense of humor so like their own...this from the boy who stole my Blue Oyster Cult and Pink Floyd albums and thinks he discovered them! Couldn't you just die laughing at the absurdity?????
Sandi
ps
and thanks, just when I had weaned myself off this, guess what...I'm back on it like the addict I am...