Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

Life Drawing -

"Draped figure" day at life drawing this morning-

We did a series of short poses of our long-necked, leggy model. I decided to mostly ignore the faces/hands/anatomy and focus on the drapery and folds. To see how much I could get laid in in the various scant 20 minute poses. Also tried out different densities of charcoal pencils, from hard to soft - which means I can either have more control or more value variance....

Made good use of "The Virgin Queen" soundtrack for background accompaniment.

3 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

you did a wonderful job with all those fold :D the shadows are great

Jess said...

These are lovely drawings of the fabrics. I get a bit impatient drawing drapery and maybe that's why I'm not particularly good at it! I think I'll concentrate more on it next I go to life drawing! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Loni Edwards said...

A very nice job of showing the drapery and folds of the clothing. The lighting is very good also. Nice work!