Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

WIP Wednesday - Trolls

Yes, I know it's Thursday, and yes, I know this is really another IMC post, but let's just go with it, shall we?We had until midnight tonight to turn in a finished version of our IMC assignment - 
The was the sketch I submitted for our initial critique. (They suggested moving the dog up and the text down, but that was about it...)

After several days of heavy-duty drawing, here is the final drawing....

Ruth Sanderson paid us a surprise visit mid-week at IMC (wish I'd gotten a picture! But I spent too much time talking to her :-) - she talked to me about her process and suggested I try printing it out in sepia-tones rather than the color of grey-graphite, like she did her latest book. (so I did. It is a much nicer color I think).

This was how far I got at IMC...

And this is what I submitted tonight....

These ladies need to definitely have more adventures, I'm sure!

4 comments:

Soozcat said...

I wonder what they'd do when faced with the Fremont Troll... hmm, points to ponder.

It's a great piece, lots of fun detail.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Tara, Tara...what a wonderful illustration. This turned out so delightfully trollish. Really like how you did your lettering too. My one problem is that, having seen your reference photos, I can't get the images of your mother out of my head when I view this. This is a winner! Well done, my friend.

Hayden said...

Absolutely delightful, Tara! What a joy!

Anonymous said...

I love this Tara!Such texture and patterns. They do need more adventures, that's for sure.