Pages

Monday, January 16, 2006

And speaking of cats...

Do any of you have problems with pet hair in the studio? My creatures (black lab mix and tabby cat) feel the need to keep me company when no one else is home. The cat spends at least part of that time on my lap or my desk - which thoroughly infuses my paint with cat hair... The floor is daily covered with a new layer of dog - which sticks to your socks or anything else that touches the floor (and I'm trying to *paint*, darn it all! Not compulsively vacuum!)

Other than shutting them out and listening to whines and scratches outside of my door (which is worse for the distraction factor), what do you do???

1 comment:

Gretel said...

Hate to sound like 'smug mum' here, but I made it clear to all 4 cats when they were kittens that my studio was a no go zone for all of those reasons. An firm 'NO!' when they came in, a bit of cross hissing (it sounds very silly but it works!) and I don't have a problem. Three of them never even poke their noses in and the stroppy ginger one sometimes tries, but hops it sharpish at an stern 'OUT'. I do keep the door closed at night, with a large rubber dinosaur guarding it, just in case...
It sounds horribly unkind, I know, but I once had to start a commission over again thanks to a cat clawing it up, so sense had to overtake sentiment. I still find the occasional hair in washes though...>;-(