Pages

Monday, February 06, 2006

A Rather Blustery Day...

After days and days of rain - some quite heavy - we had a pretty impressive windstorm this weekend. Gusts of up to about 50 mph. It had mostly tapered off by late afternoon and I was quite impressed by the debris on our front yard and on the roads. Took a few pictures to document. The nice thing about all the wind was that it seems to have blown the rain clouds away, for the time being at least. There is some sunshine!!! That's a very nice change.



My son and I spent some nice-time-in-the-sunshine this afternoon cleaning it up. Had a towering wheelbarrow full of fallen pine boughs gathered from the front yard. That was my big 'break' for the day. I'm back to finishing up the sketches on this next book. Finished stage #1 this evening. Three more stages before the actual painting. Keep thinking good thoughts in my direction.



This is about a block from our house. The branches have mostly been moved out of the road at this point, but an amazing amount had fallen....

Someday (at the end of the month, hopefully?) I will be able to post art that I'm working on again - outside of class stuff. Am looking forward to being able to work on some personal stuff again...

No comments: