Pages

Friday, March 31, 2006

Dubious Chocolate Discovery...


Since I am always on the lookout for new and exciting chocolate concoctions, I decided to try these exotic Venchi brand bars. They are made in Italy and come in such adventurous flavors as "Pure Milk Chocolate Spiced with Cinnamon", "Pure Extra Dark Chocolate with Piedmont Mint," "Pure Extra Bitter Chocolate Spiced with Chili Pepper" and "Pure Extra Bitter Chocolate Spiced with Artemisia Absinthium". (The ingredients are listed on the back in five different languages.) Sounds striking and unusual, huh? Well, yes... But the flavors are so strong, I'm not sure I like them. The chili is so hot, I can't quite taste the chocolate. It's been so long since I've eaten milk chocolate, that the milk-with-cinnamon tastes fairly nasty, and the absinth one is bitter and makes my tongue go a bit numb. Not a particulaly satisfying experience for my taste buds...... The packaging was interesting at least - especially the Absinth-Green-Fairy inspired one.

No comments: