Pages

Friday, July 01, 2011

IMC Report - Part I

I can't recreate the awesomeness that was my week at IMC in a day-by-day way (drat that dead laptop!), but I will try to at least cover some highlights. Today, we'll take a look at the studios -

The downstairs studio - tables ringed by easels. Some digital people as well.

The upstairs studio - primarily easels and full of busy bees!

And this year, the new addition of a digital studio. All computers, all the time!


There was nearly always some faculty member or other circulating around the rooms giving input (Greg Manchess dispensing expert advise here, I'm sure..)


Scenes of creative productivity!


(We had a couple of chilly days - so much so that people were wearing their coats in the studio! or bathrobes, or whatever scarce warm-wear they had brought with them.)

And here's the awesome painting tag-team of Scott Fischer and Greg Manchess - here working a bit on Charles Santoso's fabulous piece.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you must walk away really inspired to be around all that talent.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Ha! I love that male-model stance of Manchess. Very Zoolander. Great report, Tara,

Charles Santoso said...

Hi Tara, Great reports! :D Thanks for including my photo there hahaha. I miss the whole IMC experience :( Hope things are going great at your end :)